Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Creative Process


This is a custom order I did for someone born on the 4th of July



I though I would start my first post with how I go about making my cards. I keep a Idea Notebook. I take it everywhere. Get an idea, sketch it or write it down or it's gone in my case. Sometimes in the middle of the night I get up and jot down an idea. Drives my husband nuts. In the morning I sit at my desk with a cup of Jo and work on my Idea Notebook. I do this until my brain hurts or I run out of ideas. If I don't have any ideas in the morning I have my notes so I just thumb through and find an idea for a card that looks fun and get started.
I don't really have any set style of cards that I make. Some I draw, ink and watercolor. Others I cut and paste or design on the computer. I love using alcohol ink, but I haven't perfected the technique quite yet. I also love to Iris fold. I enjoy a variety of techniques and you will see that variety in my Etsy Store. So be sure to take a look.
www.OneFoldDesigns.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment