Monday, June 22, 2009

A Break From Card World

Today I took a break from making cards. I spent most of the day at my local library reading the New Yorker and looking for books I have yet to find at yard sales. My mom a former librarian would have been proud. When I was a youngster I never went to the library. I suppose I was rebelling because my mom worked there. Now I am older and my mom has passed and I have learned to love the library. I also love that you can do several features online. Like reserve a book from another library, renew your checked out books or download a variety of books to your MP3 player. The best part about the library is its FREE!

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved libraries. Being surrounded by so many books, the quiet...libraries were a santuary for me. I miss the older libraries, with all the woodwork. I still like libraries, but newer, lighter, brighter decor seems colder. But, being around all of the books is always welcoming.

    ReplyDelete